A Claim for Wages form is used by employees who believe that their employer has not paid them all the wages they are owed. To file a claim for unpaid wages in Virginia, employees can submit a Wage Claim form to the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry.
Here are the steps to complete a Claim for Wages form in Virginia:
- Gather information: Before completing the form, make sure you have all the necessary information, such as the name and address of your employer, your job title, and the dates and hours you worked. There are different requirements depending on the type of salary you receive.
- Download the form: You can download the Wage Claim form from the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry website or request a copy by mail.
- Complete the form: Provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and phone number, and provide details about your employer, such as their name, address, and phone number. You will also need to provide information about your job, such as your job title, pay rate and the hours you worked. Be sure to provide as much information as possible to support your claim.
- Sign the form: Sign and date the Wage Claim form.
- Submit the form: Mail the completed Wage Claim form to the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry at the address listed on the form.
- Follow-up: After you submit the form, you should receive a letter from the Department of Labor and Industry acknowledging receipt of your claim. The Department will investigate your claim and may request additional information from you or your employer.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the form, you can contact the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry’s Wage and Hour Division for assistance.
Paperwork and legal deadlines can be overwhelming when you feel your employer underpaid you. Unfortunately, mistakes could lead to further financial repercussions and delays, so don’t hesitate to get help. And if efforts to collect unpaid wages yourself are unsuccessful, a legal claim could help you get the outcome and payments you may deserve.